Abiraterone Acetate 250 MG 120 TABLETS
This medication is used along with prednisone to treat men with prostate cancer that has spread to other areas of the body. Abiraterone belongs to a class of drugs known as anti-androgens (anti-testosterone). Testosterone, a natural hormone, helps prostate cancer to grow and spread. Abiraterone works by blocking the production of testosterone, thereby slowing the growth and spread of prostate cancer.
How Abiraterone Acetate is Given:
- Abiraterone acetate is a pill, taken by mouth. It is taken once a day.
- It must be taken on an empty stomach [2 hours after a meal, or one hour before]
- It should be taken at approximately the same time each day.
- Prednisone [10mg daily] should be taken along with abiraterone acetate.
- The amount of abiraterone acetate you receive depends on many factors. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule